Last year I began my own renaissance. It was slow but steady and I accomplished some things. In 2018 I:
- logged 80+ workouts
- lost 35 pounds
- went to the gym by myself
- took my dogs to the beach for the first time
- faced some of my own demons and hard truths, acquired some new ones along the way
- cleaned out my Monica closet (props to those who know what this is)
- bought a home
- wrote more
- read but not nearly as much as I wanted to
- bought myself something expensive and got over the mom guilt
- survived another year of parenting a tween
I shared some of my progress along the way to celebrate the small wins. Because in life you have to call out the small shit, right? And I’m definitely not done. The year is well on it’s way and the renaissance must continue…
There is sooo trash in the world. So much darkness. I am cleansing all that crap out of me. Doing a little Marie Kondo on my mental, emotional, spiritual and physical baggage to make sure I am only carrying the essentials (and they are neatly folded). It won’t be easy but I’m here for it all. Then I’m hoping I can contribute to the positive. Live in the light and put some light out into the world. Because boy do we need more light in our lives. Am I right or am I right?
I don’t have particular goals or resolutions. But just as renaissance implies – I am continuing the rebirth of a better version of myself. I hope that when I take stock of the things I’ve done in 2019 that my list spreads the whole gamut of human health. Because above all things – I’m committed to myself. I need to be the best form of me to be the best mom, partner, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and or stranger on the goddamn street I can be.
So here’s to 2019 and all that it brings.