Every year a set a reading goal because I love books and this is what we readers do. And reading for fun is just something I need to do for my mental health. Escaping reality into James Patterson’s mysteries and solving who done it or swooning over some hunk in one of Corinne Michaels’ latest or even laughing and crying my way through one of Jenny Lawson’s truthful stories on mental health is a must for me. I need it between all the bull shit at work, the chores at home that I’m casually neglecting and the overwhelming stress I feel 24/7/365. So books. I love them. They are my therapy. My escape.
This year I told myself 12 books was more than reasonable. I mean I’m friends with people who read 12 books a month so 12 in the course of a YEAR is more than feasible. Right? Well I did it. In fact – I’ve read 14 (that’s 117% for those keeping score at home!) and I’m in the middle of two more because the year isn’t over yet. Am I right or am I right?
SOOOO as the holidays approach and you find that you have some extra time on your hands – I encourage you to pick up a book. I thought I would share with you the books I’ve read this year so far to help if you need some suggestions. Of course you can keep up to date on what I’m reading, dying to read and have read on goodreads. I’m constantly adding books to my shelves.
Books I’ve read thus far in 2016:
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- 10th Anniversary (Women’s Murder Club, #10) by James Patterson
- Bernadette Peters Hates Me: True Tales From A Delusional Man by Keith Stewart
- R.I.L.Y Forever by Norah Bennett
- Beloved (The Belonging Duet, #1) by Corinne Michaels
- Beholden (Salvation, #2) by Corinne Michaels
- Consolation (Salvation, #3) by Corinne Michaels
- Conviction (Salvation #4) by Corinne Michaels
- Defenseless (Salvation, #5) by Corinne Michaels
- I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern
- 11th Hour (Women’s Murder Club, #11) by James Patterson
- 12th of Never (Women’s Murder Club #12) by James Patterson
- Unlucky 13 (Women’s Murder Club #13) by James Patterson
Not on goodreads? YOU SHOULD BE! It’s a book lover’s dream!*
*Note: This is not an ad nor was I paid or compensated in any fashion for saying this. I just really like books.