Y’all! I’ve been in a committed employment relationship for 5 whole years. Monday was my official work anniversary. Second longest relationship other than my spouse (and BFF but duh!) and I’m not going to lie – I’m pretty goddamn impressed with myself. Work has been kicking my ASS but I did get a hot minute to reflect on the last 5 years:
- I’ve more than doubled my starting salary. WOOT! Though if my manager is reading this (GOD I HOPE NOT) I legit need a raise STAT.
- I’m currently on my 4th role in 5 years and they have all been promotions or growth opportunities.
- Currently serving on the board of our women’s organization but have been an active member since I began work. It’s allowed me to meet authors like local leaders and authors like Katrina Kittle – who legit knows me now (GEEK MODE).
- Agile- I know it, I’m in it, it’s my life.
- I’ve met some amazing people along the way and made some enemies… I’m sure of it.
- I’ve survived reorgs and still maintained a job! YAY!
- I feel like I’ve created a professional brand for myself that is positive and that people genuinely respect.
Everyday I learn new things. Work is a challenge but in a good way. While I have my days to bitch about it I do enjoy my work and I can’t wait to see what the next 5 years has in store for me.